About UsYou can’t get very far until you start doing something for somebody else. -Melvin Jones, Lions Club International Founder
Soon after Lions Club International was founded in 1917, Weatherford Noon Lions Club was commissioned. From starting a community rodeo to sponsoring boy scout troops, we are proud of our contribution to our community for over 95 years. Read more about our history here.
The motto of Lions Club is “We Serve”. This is the lifeblood of our global and local organization. With Weatherford Noon Lions Club, problems get smaller, communities get better, and support gets stronger. Learn more about how we serve Weatherford here.
Strength. Courage. Fidelity. Vital Action.
Lions Club Code of Ethics
- To Show my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- To Seek success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage was taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- To Remember that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another’s; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- Whenever a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards others, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- To Hold friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- Always to bear in mind my obligations as a citizen to my nation, my state, and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act, and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
- To Aid others by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- To Be Careful with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.
Join the Club
If you are interested in learning more about Weatherford Noon Lions Club,